Friday, January 18, 2008

So many games, so little time

Ever had too many games, and not enough time to play them all? This happens with me occasionally, especially around the holidays. For Christmas, I got 3 NDS games (Puzzle Quest, Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings, Contra 4), 2 Wii games (Zack and Wiki, Puzzle Quest), and one PC game (Heroes of Might and Magic V, plus the expansion). On top of that, my birthday came one month before Christmas, to which I was given Zelda Phantom Hourglass, Super Mario Galaxy, and Fire Emblem (Wii).

Okay, so that’s 8 games. I’m also a big fan of the Wii Virtual Console, and I usually purchase new games the day they come out, as if they were going to disappear if I didn’t buy them that day. So I’ve got 3 or 4 games on there that I have barely touched – though I have the utmost intention of doing so.

AND on top of that, I recently picked up on eBay Final Fantasy Chronicles and Final Fantasy Anthology (which in total, compiles Final Fantasy IV, V, VI, and Chrono Trigger...)

So what have I actually accomplished in these games so far?

Super Mario Galaxy - 33 stars. So, a little over a quarter of the way to 120.

Fire Emblem - Played this about 15 hours. Completed the first act, of which I am guessing there are 4. This game is an epic saga. The first act felt like a whole game, and the second act started a totally different story with different characters, so I decided to take a little break.

Zelda Phantom Hourglass - Beat it, and played it about 75% of the way through again before Christmas

Puzzle Quest DS - Level 23, I played this first after Christmas, but after I started seeing different colored gems when I closed my eyes, I decided it was time for a break ;)

Zack and Wiki - Played this about 12 hours. I was playing this more heavily until I tried out FFXII:RW...

Final Fantasy XII: RW - Played this 15 hours. 60% completed so far. This game has the most of my attention at the present time.

Puzzle Quest Wii - Not yet played. Why do I need two Puzzle Quest games you ask? Because it's that great of a game, and I want to be able to play on the TV or on the go.

Contra 4 - Not yet played. When I think about playing this, I can hear a female Forsaken Rogue from WoW say "Not Enough Energy!"

Heroes of Might and Magic V - I've played a little bit of this. I recently got a new computer that can actually play this, so that's pretty exciting. But I've got so many other games that I'm going to wait until I have more time to devote HOMMV.

Chrono Trigger - Why did I even put this in the Playstation and turn it on? Well, I had to test it to see if it worked okay, so I can leave the guy on eBay feedback...yeah... I'm going to try really hard not to turn this back on for awhile...

The good news is that this happened almost the same way last year, but I did end up getting to play all my games, and then some. But in my honest opinion, it's a bad idea to play multiple games at once. I don't think I am getting the fullest experience from my games if I'm not dedicated solely to just one. I love Super Mario Galaxy, but if I think about playing it, I'm like "But I just gained access to land in Ivalice in FFXII:RW..." or "But I need to get back my treasure map in Zack and Wiki..."

Gaming can be tough sometimes...

-Zon

No comments: