Friday, January 25, 2008

Ramblings about procuring a Wii

Although I threw a temper tantrum when they changed the name from Revolution to Wii, I eventually got over it via playing Wii Sports with duB, and bought one myself - this involved me sitting at Target the week before Christmas 2006 at 4:30 in the morning in 20 degree weather for a couple of hours to secure myself one - this after plenty of detective work figuring out where and when a supply of Wiis would arrive. I will also add that my knowledge allowed my nephews and duB's mom to pick up a Wii as well at said Target on said Sunday morning. It was a lot of fun!

There was a sense of camaraderie among the first arrivals - there were only 15 Wiis (I was number 4, I was definitely the first person at Target (having had time to go and check Wal Mart first, and still being first there), but I was sitting in the car with the heat on, until 3 people, one of which being my brother-in-law, go power-walking/running to the door, to which I grabbed my DS and did the same...), and the lady who was sixth in line said if we saved her spot, she'd go buy us all coffee. Good times...

-Zon

No comments: